Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pop...is never a good sound!

This week has been a good start to my training build to Buffalo Springs. The kids have been off track for the last three weeks, and I had exactly 3 bike rides, 3 runs(one race half-marathon), and 3 swims. This week is gonna kill me. It may not be pretty but I have to start somewhere.

Yesterday Kathleen and I went for a nice easy paced long ride. Then the wind started, it was howling! So we decided to make it a shorter day..the POP! Kathleen gets a flat. Now having had my fair share of flats, I'm thinking, " No worries we will be out of here in no time!" Kathleen insists she do it all by herself. Great, I will just ride out here a ways and come back to check on you. As I roll up I see she has it changed, but it is very, very low on air! Do you not have a CO2, oh no I just have this pump..uh okay. Off we go and before we climb 1000ft back home I suggest we put in more air! Thanks to the squirrely guy at the res, we were off. Did I mention the wind? We managed to turn out short 3hr ride into like a 4 hour ordeal!

So I get home and head to the shower before my kids get home and as I am trying to peel off my jog bra, I hear this POP! I think oh shit, there goes my shoulder! It is very sore and I have been icing and taking Advil, I had to invest in a fuel belt! I normally run with a hand held bottle, in my right hand, I just can't switch it! So hopefully it is nothing major and I can just be careful for a few days and it will get better!

On the bright side, we had a great run today. We went to Castlewood Canyon, not too far from here and just beautiful! Of course I forgot the camera, I have to get better about snapping fotos! There were plenty of laughs, like sitting in the river after our run, Kathleen knocking her keys off the spare tire down into the well. I thought we were going to have to take the whole thing apart! It is one of those rear mount spare tires for the car..so funny! At least I got my ice bath! Next week we are thinking the ROX! Oh and the first Rattlesnake sighting of the year, scared me to death, this thing was mac-daddy big! Cheers!

No comments: