Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Eeyore no more!

Lately I have felt like Eeyore living in the 100 Aker Woods. This big dark cloud has been following me around and spoiling all my workouts. Well today I evaded the dark rain cloud and found the sun! That's right I rode for 2 hours in the sunshine. Something I have not been able to do here for awhile. Our weather has been down right Seattleish. Well Washington can take it's rain and gloom and go away. Colorado is supposed to have the most days of sunshine of all the states, not this year. Maybe it is because we had our summer back in Feb and March and now it is time for paybacks. Who knows, all I know is that it is tough to bike and run in the cold rain.

So this morning Kathleen and I loaded up the bikes and headed north in search of sunshine. And blissfully we found it. The weather was so nice we ended up at the pool to cheer on our fellow masters swimmers. God forbid we actually swam, it was not that nice out. We had lunch! Although I did get a bit warm and jumped in to have a short "ice bath" after lunch! It was a perfect day. Now that I am back home, of course it is clouding up and a big storm is brewing! Back to being Eeyore! Cheers!

No comments: