Monday, March 23, 2009

FMX, and Laser Tag!

I know it has been awhile. But that's what happens when I get training, then I am too tired to post a new blog. Besides there is only so much to tell about 4hr bike rides, 2 hr runs and endless pool swimming. Things are rolling along nicely. I have no injuries, keeping illness at bay and feeling much more fit this year than last. So I am right on track.

This weekend was jam packed with fun! Spring has sprung, flag football has begun, Madie moved up a level in swimming and Motocross is in full swing! We took the kids to the FMX( freestyle motocross) event in Denver this weekend. If you have never seen these guys jump they are amazing. It takes a great athlete to do what these guys are doing.

Another first for me, I got to play laser tag with my son at a birthday party. What a hoot! The first round I got bombarded by some Darth Vader wanna be in his late 40's(not that there is anything wrong with being in your late 40's honey). This guy was way too serious to be running around shooting at 7 yr olds. Anyway the next round brought in more adults so the kid/adult ratio was more even. And I took out the Darth Vader dude, yes Ironmom won the second round! Son, you are so having your next party there!!

Well I am off to run and swim today! Distance day at masters. Marcia has been killing us with super long main sets..and I love it!!! Cheers!

No comments: