Friday, March 27, 2009

Taper Time?

I cannot believe it is time to taper. Although I have said I was not going to taper for this race, I am. My training has gone so well, thanks in part to the wonderful weather we have had, that it is time to recover. Again, thanks in part to the wonderful weather we are having. By the way, I have 17 inches of snow waiting to be shoveled! The kids have been out of school for the last two days, okay can you say forced taper! Back to the awesome training I have been doing. I am running well right now and I would like to think it is due to my wealth of knowledge about training and racing but really it is all because of the core strengthening I have been doing. What a huge difference it has made! I feel stronger and my form does not go to hell at mile 13 of the run! I have only done one run past 14, but I'm just sayin'!!

So Madison has been begging for these really awesome post swim towel pants. Let me just say they are like $50, just for the pants, and of course she NEEDS the top to go with them. Well, leave it to my good friend Kathleen, who is so crafty it kills me, to make her a pair. I will post a pic when I get them, but they are so stinkin' cute! I think I need a pair! Hey Kathleen...just kidding! I better get to the snow removal before it refreezes! Cheers!

No comments: