Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Almost an Ironman and Chick Fillet..

The weeks are just flying by, I have only 6 weeks till Great Floridian Iron distance triathlon. I feel great with my training and have turned in some monster miles. The biggest weeks I have ever had. In three days I practically did an Ironman. My long ride on Friday was almost 100miles and then my long run Saturday was 16 miles (but it took forever cuz it was super hilly), and then a 2 mile open water swim on Sunday. It was a fundraiser for the two triathletes hit a few weeks ago, and I saw so many people I knew and have not seen in a long time! So all in all a great end to a super hard week. Now all I want to do is chill, but there is more work to be done.

Today Kathleen and I headed out on a nice easy 50+ mile ride that turned into a nice ride with some snap in the middle. So we are enjoying our ride and about 15miles from home we come to a major crossing and spy this dude all decked out and hanging onto the cement barrier waiting for the traffic to let him by. We all get going at the same time and cross the road safely. Coming up is a big steep hill and this dude comes blazing by sucking wind like he is racing for his life. Kathleen decides to play a little and "jump on his wheel". I was laughing cuz there was not going to be a problem in passing him, so we took it easy and went by fairly quickly. I mean this guy looked like he was going backwards. Of course we continued to push the pace just to put the dressing on the chick sandwich we just served up! Too much fun! We took our usual route home and all be darned the guy took the short cut and wanted more. So he pulls out in front of us as we are stopped at a light and we have to pass him again! Kathleen says, So that is a chick fillet! He was done, and pretty bummed as we passed him for the second time in less than 8 miles. I think he stopped at Lamar's or Long John Silver's! Anyway that was our fun for the day. It always feels good to pass the guys who think they are the $h!t!

I have a race coming up this Saturday and I am not looking forward to it. I think now I should not have signed up for it this close to an Ironman. I have never raced on legs as fatigued as mine are right now. It should be interesting. The new bike is still in transit, it is a point of frustration for me. Off for a recovery sandwich and a hot shower! Cheers!!

No comments: