Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Banner days and blue sky!

The sky was so blue yesterday! It was a perfect Colorado day, one of those days you just want to play outside all day long! I took pictures with my phone but having trouble uploading them! I had so much to do yesterday but did find the time to sneak in a mountain bike ride. The warm sun and bright blue sky just made my whole day seem that much better. It was a nice easy ride and I held back when I saw the opportunity to put the hurt to the guy in the baggy sweatshirt and cut off jeans. It is only January and I wanted to ride today so I held back. But now here I sit with a sick little one on the couch, should have made it hurt yesterday! Lesson learned.

Speaking of hurt, last weekend I got to hurt in a whole new way. In the pool. I competed in my first Masters swim meet!! It was one of the toughest things I have ever done. But this year is about new challenges and getting out of my comfort zone. I did the 500 free, 50 free, 100 free and 200 free. No sense in shelling out $25 just to swim the 500, so I did all the free events. I think I would do better in the 1650 or hey how about a new event, 2.4 miles? I will definitely do another one, it was sooo much fun! Now I am off to set up the trainer on the back porch, at least it is warm and I can work on my Hawaii tan! Hope the neighbors don't mind the bikini top! Cheers!

No comments: